Quilt Making – A Beginners Class with Wendy Hatley
A three day course:
Saturday 12th, Sunday, 13th, Monday 14th January 2019
Time: 9:00am – 12:30pm, 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Cost: Standard $190 / Early-Bird $165
Venue: Whitireia Kapiti Campus
Number in class: 10
Wendy has been sewing since she sat beside her grandmother when she was very young. She has a passion for fabric, colour and making something that is of practical use. Over the years she has tried every kind of patch work and quilting and made hundreds of quilts. Wendy is currently conveyor of Kapiti Quilting, a local quilting club which promotes and develops interest and skill in all levels of patchwork and quilting. Wendy lives in Waikanae Beach, after having spent several years living in Australia. While there she worked and taught in a Quilting shop, the perfect job! The beginners class concentrates on learning all the basics and making a very nice quilt in the process. The intermediate level quilt assumes some experience and knowledge of cutting, piecing and general fabric handling. Wendy’s classes are relaxed and practical, there are no quilt police here!
Trip Around the World Quilt
0.7m of 3 fabrics for the centre squares
0.3m for the first border
0.7m for the second border
0.4m for the binding.
The last 3 fabrics can be the same as the fabrics for the centre squares.
1.5m wide backing fabric or 3m of ordinary width fabric for the backing.
Bring to class
- Sewing machine. You must have a fully functional sewing machine that you know is working
- Extension cord and multi box
- Spare needles
- Thread to match the fabrics you have
- Quilting Cutter and quilting board
- Quilting ruler
- Tape measure
- Sewing pins (long ones are the easiest)
- Curved Quilters safety pins
- Masking tape
- Pen and note book
- Walking foot. Unless your machine has an integrated feed, you will need a walking foot for quilting. These are available online for few dollars but take few weeks to arrive so order it in time for the classes.
Any questions call Wendy: 027 467 9347